The help information is arranged hierarchically. You can
move around the help information whenever KAPHELP prompts. This
occurs when it has either presented a screen's worth of text or
has completed displaying the previously requested help. The
information displayed by KAPHELP on a particular topic includes
a description of the topic and a list of subtopics that further
describe the topic.
At a prompt you may enter:
- a topic and/or subtopic name(s) to display the help for that
topic or subtopic, so for example, block parameters box
gives help on BOX, which is a subtopic of Parameters,
which in turn is a subtopic of BLOCK;
to see more text at a Press RETURN to
continue ... request;
at topic and subtopic prompts to move up one
level in the hierarchy, and if you are at the top level it will
terminate the help session;
- a CTRL/D (pressing the CTRL and D keys simultaneously) in
response to any prompt will terminate the help session;
- a question mark ? to redisplay the text for the current topic,
including the list of topic or subtopic names; or
- an ellipsis ... to display all the text below the current
point in the hierarchy. For example, BLOCK... displays
information on the BLOCK topic as well as information on all the
subtopics under BLOCK.
You can abbreviate any topic or subtopic using the following rules.
- Just give the first few characters, e.g. PARA for
- Some topics are composed of several words separated by
underscores. Each word of the keyword may be abbreviated,
e.g. Colour_Set can be shortened to C_S.
- The characters % and
act as wildcards, where
the percent sign matches any single character, and asterisk
matches any sequence of characters. Thus to display information
on all available topics, type an asterisk in reply to a prompt.
- If a word contains, but does end with an asterisk wildcard, it
must not be truncated.
- The entered string must not contain leading or embedded spaces.
Ambiguous abbreviations result in all matches being displayed.